What Types of Traits Should Physical Therapists Possess?
Professors in the physical therapy education field appraise prospects on 16 total categories. In entry-level positions, these are the basic abilities new staff members would know.
Physical therapy classes show how to screen people and current conditions, examine medical histories and tests, assess data, diagnose, determine the prognosis, and form a plan. The main training focuses on creating colleagues who can perform the job. These lessons are important on any physical therapy resume submitted to a potential company.
Recruits must be evidence-based, communicate clearly, be culturally competent, and promote a lifestyle of health, wellness, and prevention. Other requirements of physical therapy understanding include:
- Intervention: Understanding safety, emergency treatment, CPR, following standard precautions.
- Outcomes Assessment: Reviewing charts, keeping documentation, and evaluating data.
- Education: The ability to inform how to perform the exercises and uphold progress.
- Practice Management: Knowledge of billing, insurance information, and HIPAA laws.
- Professionalism: Core values are accountability, compassion, integrity, duty, and social responsibility.