If you live in southern California, a new career is just outside your door at Concorde Career College in San Diego, CA. This branch specializes in career-centered health programs such as dental assisting, dental hygiene, medical assisting, and nursing. With diploma and associate degree programs taught by expert faculty, students can get their training in as quickly as eight months.
- 4393 Imperial Ave San Diego, CA 92113
- Healthcare and Nursing, Wellness
Located just three blocks from Horton Plaza, the Paul Mitchell School San Diego campus lets students gain hands-on experience to prepare for a promising cosmetology career. In addition to the school’s cosmetology program, the San Diego location offers barbering, makeup, and esthetics courses.
- 410 A Street San Diego, CA 92101
- Cosmetology and Barbering
Pima Medical Institute
Pima Medical Institute, an employee-owned and accredited private career college, has been dedicated to medical education since 1972. Pima specializes in preparing students for the healthcare sector, encompassing medical, dental, and veterinary professions. Academic offerings range from certificate programs to associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees.
- 780 Bay Boulevard Chula Vista San Diego, CA 91910
- Dental, Dental Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare and Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Tech, Phlebotomy Technician, Radiology, Veterinary Services
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University is a liberal arts college offering many undergraduate and graduate degrees. Located north of Tampa, FL, the main campus has an enrollment of over 2,200 students. Total registration in online courses and at centers in other states is nearly 15,000. The school is the oldest Catholic institution of higher education in Florida.
- 3975 Norman Scott Rd., Navy College Office, Bldg. 3280 San Diego, CA 92136
- Business, Communications and Media, Computer and Information Technology, Criminal Justice and Law, Graphics, Design, and Arts
Students at Summit College can earn certificates in Allied health or technical trades such as nursing, medical assisting, electrical welding and more. Programs take anywhere from eight hours to nine months to complete, depending on the certification. Summit was founded in 1991 and is accredited by ACCET. The school may provide financial assistance and help with job placement.
- 411 North Marshall Avenue (El Cajon) San Diego, CA 92020
- Business, Electrical, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Medical Assisting, Welding
Aspiring finance professionals in Southern California can take classes to qualify for an accounting career at the Accounting Academy in San Diego. Programs at this school include small business accounting and bookkeeping, administrative assisting, tax preparation, and payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable specialist training.
- 7283 Engineer Road, Suite H San Diego, CA 92111