Search By City
List of Schools
Altierus Career College
Altierus Career College is a non-profit institution offering degree and certificate programs.
- 9700 Bissonnet St., Suite 1400 Houston, TX 77036
- Computer and Information Technology, Healthcare Administration and Services, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Wellness
With several locations throughout the United States, Concorde prepares attendees for jobs in healthcare and dentistry. This institution prides itself on providing an educational experience that is student centered, community based, and achievement driven.
Career seekers interested in studying a trade in healthcare or dental care can go to Concorde Career College for a diploma or associate degree in an array of fields. The institution offers programs in diagnostics, including cardiovascular and medical sonography. Allied health programs include medical assisting and office administration.
Several programs also focus on patient care, such as massage therapy, respiratory therapy, occupational therapy, surgical technology, and coursework for physical therapy assistants. Concorde helps interested students prepare for high-level dental care, as well, with programs and training for dental assistants and hygienists.
- 12606 Greenville Ave, Suite 130 Dallas, TX 75243
- 3015 W Interstate 20 Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- 4803 NW Loop 410, Suite 200 San Antonio, TX 78229
- Healthcare and Nursing, Wellness
With over 30 locations in 13 states, Cortiva Institute serves many people looking for careers in massage therapy or skin care. Students can complete accelerated programs in less than a year. All tracks are nationally accredited. During schooling, attendees are able to grow as professionals to prepare for their futures.
- 808 West I-20, Suite 100 Arlington, TX 76017
- 1055 S. Sherman St., Suite 100/110 Richardson, TX 75081
- 13163 Northwest Fwy., Suite A Houston, TX 77040
- Cosmetology and Barbering, Massage Therapy, Wellness
Florida Career College
Florida Career College focuses on job preparation. Real-life, hands-on programs give students the tools necessary for top professions. Florida Career College offers Bachelor's and Associate degrees in business, cosmetology, healthcare, HVAC, information technology, and nursing. Graduates gain the skills needed to obtain entry-level jobs in their chosen fields. Classes take place in both the mornings and evenings for those with busy schedules. The school offers ongoing enrollment so students can start schooling when it is best for them. Some complete their education and begin careers in as little as 10 months.
- 70 Farm to Market 1960 Rd. W Houston, TX 77090
- Business, Computer and Information Technology, Cosmetology and Barbering, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services
FORTIS provides people with a quality post-secondary education. The school has locations in 15 states that offer diploma and degree programs. These include accredited tracks in healthcare, business, technology, and other trades. Specific options vary by campus. The college also has online courses. This allows busy students the flexibility to complete their schooling at a pace that works for them. Attendees can earn associate’s degrees in business, human resources, or marketing.
- 401 E. Palace Pkwy., Suite 100 Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- 11201 West Oaks Mall Houston, TX 77082
- Business, Computer and Information Technology, Cosmetology and Barbering, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Trucking and Transportation
Texas-based Houston Community College offers degrees and certificates in a variety of disciplines. The college prides itself on its commitment to open enrollment, diversity, and innovation.
- 630 W Little York Houston, TX 77091
- 1600 Texas Parkway Missouri City, TX 77489
- 10041 Cash Rd Stafford, TX 77477
- Automotive, Business, Communications and Media, Computer and Information Technology, Construction and Architecture, Cosmetology and Barbering, Criminal Justice and Law, Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, Graphics, Design, and Arts, Healthcare Administration and Services, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Wellness
Interactive College of Technology is a for-profit school with seven campuses throughout Georgia, Kentucky, and Texas. Coursework at this institution allows students to gain industry certifications, teaching them the skills needed to work in a number of settings.
At the Interactive College of Technology, students can earn their GED, continuing education credits to qualify for a particular job or promotion, or pursue associate of science degrees in business and accounting. Two campuses, small class sizes, personalized instruction, flexible class schedules, and hands-on training allow students to earn their education on their own terms. ICT's North and Southwest Houston campuses also offer Vocational English as a Second Language classes and continuing education courses for those who need additional certifications for work.
- 213 W Southmore Ave, Ste 101 Pasadena, TX 77502
- 16801 Greenspoint Park Dr, Ste 150 Houston, TX 77060
- Business, Computer and Information Technology, Healthcare Administration and Services, HVAC and Building Services
Now with over 20 locations across the United States, Lincoln Tech opened its first New Jersey campus in 1946. Specializing in hands-on technical career training, degree programs include automotive, health sciences, culinary arts, cosmetology, and other skilled trades. Educators work hard to give learners the practical skills needed to succeed in new vocations.
- 2915 Alouette Dr. Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Automotive, Computer and Information Technology, Cosmetology and Barbering, Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Trucking and Transportation
For over 30 years, Milan Institute has been providing career education and training in a variety of fields. Milan Institute is a family-owned institution with national accreditation. There are 11 locations throughout the western United States. The Milan Institute of Cosmetology also has six separate campuses. Programs offered include barbering, dental and medical assisting, massage therapy, and more.
- 7001 I-40 West Amarillo, TX 79106
- 6804 Ingram Road San Antonio, TX 78238
- 1580 George Dieter Drive, Suite 207 El Paso, TX 79936
- Business, Computer and Information Technology, Cosmetology and Barbering, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Wellness
National American University
National American University provides a personalized online learning experience. The school has degree programs in business, technology, healthcare, security and education. With flexible scheduling, students have 24/7 access to faculty, coursework, technical support and career resources.
- 1015 West University Avenue, Suite 700 Georgetown, TX 78628
- Aviation Management, Business, Computer and Information Technology, Criminal Justice and Law, Healthcare and Nursing
Northwest Educational Center is a trade school in Houston, TX, that's accredited by multiple state organizations and has two campuses. The school provides high-quality training to future healthcare and beauty professionals with programs for medical assistants, pharmacy technicians, class-A barbers, and cosmetologists.
Northwest Educational Center also has a program for cosmetology instructors who want to further their knowledge and skills to teach future students. Meanwhile, the school's construction technology program provides students with residential and commercial construction skills such as roofing, carpentry, electrical work, and plumbing.
- 2910 Antoine Drive, Suite B-100 Houston, TX 77092
- Cosmetology and Barbering
Paul Mitchell Schools
There are more than 100 Paul Mitchell Schools nationwide that prepare future professionals for careers in the beauty industry. Students can learn in-demand skills to become cosmetologists, barbers, estheticians and nail designers.
- 309 Curtis Mathes Way #101 Arlington, TX 76018
- 9503 Research Boulevard #310 Austin, TX 78759
- 20807 Gulf Freeway Webster, TX 77598
- 2389 Midway Road Carrollton, TX 75006
- 10516 Katy Freeway A Houston, TX 77043
- 18402 US-281 San Antonio, TX 78259
- Cosmetology and Barbering
Pima Medical Institute
Pima Medical Institute, an employee-owned and accredited private career college, has been dedicated to medical education since 1972. Pima specializes in preparing students for the healthcare sector, encompassing medical, dental, and veterinary professions. Academic offerings range from certificate programs to associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees.
- 6926 Gateway Blvd E. El Paso, TX 79915
- 11125 Equity Drive, Suite 100 Houston, TX 77041
- 6550 First Park Ten Blvd San Antonio, TX 78213
- Dental, Dental Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare and Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Tech, Phlebotomy Technician, Radiology, Veterinary Services
Hands-on learning and experienced faculty members mark Remington College’s dedication to students. Since 1985, the school has grown to nearly 20 locations across the U.S. With offerings from vocational training to master’s degrees, there are options for everybody. Several programs are fully online, too. Training is available in Healthcare, Technology, Culinary Arts, Health & Beauty, and Skilled Trades, among others.
- 300 E. Loop 820 Forth Worth, TX 76112
- 1800 Eastgate Dr. Garland, TX 75041
- 11310 Greens Crossing Blvd. Suite 300 Houston, TX 77067
- 20985 Interstate 45 South Webster, TX 77598
- Business, Cosmetology and Barbering, Criminal Justice and Law, Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, Graphics, Design, and Arts, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services
Roadmasters Drivers School provides students with the skills and hands-on training they need to obtain a Class A commercial driver's license. The school operates several different locations across the United States.
- 8701 Peterbilt Ave Dallas, TX 75241
- 927 Eddie Rd San Antonio, TX 78219
- Trucking and Transportation
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo University is a liberal arts college offering many undergraduate and graduate degrees. Located north of Tampa, FL, the main campus has an enrollment of over 2,200 students. Total registration in online courses and at centers in other states is nearly 15,000. The school is the oldest Catholic institution of higher education in Florida.
- 10461 D. Street, Building 1731, Room 206 Corpus Christi, TX 78419
- Business, Communications and Media, Computer and Information Technology, Criminal Justice and Law, Graphics, Design, and Arts
South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
At South Texas Vocational Technical Institute (STVT), students may take courses in healthcare, business, or skilled trades. These programs prepare people for a number of careers that are in-demand. Campus locations include Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco. New classes begin each month, making it easy to join.
- 2144 Central Blvd. Brownsville, TX 78520
- 2000 S Padre Island Dr. Corpus Christi, TX 78416
- 2400 W Daffodil Ave. McAllen, TX 78501
- 734 SE Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78214
- 2419 E Haggar Ave. Weslaco, TX 78599
- 2241 S Watson Rd , Ste 181 (Arlington) Dallas, TX 76010
- Automotive, Business, Dental Assisting, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Machine Operation, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Trucking and Transportation, Welding, Wellness
Southern Careers Institute
With seven locations across Texas and an online program, Southern Careers Institute (SCI) focuses on vocational training. The school offers courses in welding, HVAC, the medical field, and several other job paths. Attendees can earn national and state recognized certifications.
- 1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Ste 100 Austin, TX 78704
- 935 North Expressway, Southwind Shopping Center Brownsville, TX 78520
- 2422 Airline Road Corpus Christi, TX 78414
- 1122 Morgan Blvd Harlingen, TX 78550
- 1500 N Jackson Rd Pharr, TX 78577
- 6963 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78238
- 3700 S IH 35 Suite #100 Waco, TX 76706
- Automotive, Business, Computer and Information Technology, Cosmetology and Barbering, Electrical, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Pharmacy Tech, Trucking and Transportation, Welding
Strayer University is a private college that offers online and in-person programs from associate's to master's levels. The school has locations in over 15 different states. Degree options include business and criminal justice. SU has a mission to teach students the skills they need to grow and thrive.
- 610 Uptown Blvd, Suite 3500 Cedar Hill, TX 75104
- 221 N Kansas, Suite 110 El Paso, TX 79901
- 100 Throckmorton St, Suite 120 Fort Worth, TX 76102
- 218 E Ave D Killeen, TX 76541
- 8501 N Mopac Expressway, Suite 100 Austin, TX 78759
- 2711 LBJ Freeway, Suite 450 Farmers Branch, TX 75234
- 10343 Sam Houston Park Dr, Suite 110 Houston, TX 77064
- 40 NE Loop 410, Suite 500 San Antonio, TX 78216
- 12603 Southwest Freeway, Suite 400 Stafford, TX 77477
- Business, Computer and Information Technology, Criminal Justice and Law, Trucking and Transportation
TechSkills provides career training courses in in the fields of healthcare, business, and information technology. Students can attend classes at one of the schools' locations in Ohio, Indiana, Texas or North Carolina.
- 1701 E Lamar Blvd, Suite 250 Arlington, TX 76006
- 12225 Greenville Ave, Suite 500 Dallas, TX 75243
- 7908 N Sam Houston Parkway W, Suite 300 Houston, TX 77064
- Computer and Information Technology, Healthcare Administration and Services, Healthcare and Nursing
The Art Institutes
The Art Institutes offer training in marketing, interior & product design, visual design, film & production, fashion, gaming & technology, culinary arts, and animation & effects.
- 1204 Chestnut St., Bastrop Austin, TX 78728
- 8080 Park Ln. Dallas, TX 75231
- 4140 Southwest Fwy. Houston, TX 77027
- 10000 IH-10 West, Suite 200 San Antonio, TX 78256
- Business, Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management, Graphics, Design, and Arts
The College of Health Care Professions
The College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) trains students for careers in the medical field. Founded by physicians and in operation for over 30 years, the school helps its graduates secure jobs. Classrooms use advanced technology for hands-on training. Classes for degree and certificate programs take place on campus or online. Tracks in allied healthcare include medical coding, dental assisting, nursing, and more. CHCP has locations throughout Texas with accreditation from the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
- 6330 E Hwy 290 Ste 180 Austin, TX 78723
- 8585 N Stemmons Freeway, Suite N-300 Dallas, TX 75247
- 4248 North Freeway Fort Worth, TX 76137
- 12230 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77092
- 1917 Nolana Ave, Suite 100 McAllen, TX 78504
- North San Antonio: 4738 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78229
- Dental Assisting, Healthcare and Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Radiology, Wellness
Tulsa Welding School
Tulsa Welding School (TWS) has campuses in Jacksonville, Houston, and Tulsa. The institution offers welding trade programs which could take as little as seven months to complete. Extra training in pipefitting may add to this time. An associate’s degree option is also available. Students can study other vocations as well, like HVAC or electrical technology. Specific choices differ by location.
- 243A Greens Rd. Houston, TX 77060
- HVAC and Building Services, Welding
Universal Technical Institute
Universal Technical Institute trains students on skilled trades in the automotive, marine, diesel, and motorcycle fields. The school also teaches vocations like welding and CNC machining. Some locations focus on training for specific products, often with input from big companies such as Yamaha, BMW, and Harley-Davidson.
- 5151 Regent Blvd. Irving, TX 75063
- 721 Lockhaven Dr. Houston, TX 77073
- Automotive, Cosmetology and Barbering, Trucking and Transportation
- 761st Tank Bn Ave. Fort Hood, TX 76544
- Business, Communications and Media, Computer and Information Technology, Criminal Justice and Law, Graphics, Design, and Arts, Healthcare Administration and Services, Healthcare and Nursing, Social Services
Online and on-campus career training in healthcare, business, technology, legal, cosmetology and the trades.
- 6101 Montana Ave. El Paso, TX 79925
- 1001 S Fort Hood St. Killeen, TX 76541
- 3871 Stagg Dr., Ste 194 Beaumont, TX 77701
- 2704 Texas Ave. S. College Station, TX 77840
- 1905 W Loop 281, Ste 21 Longview, TX 75604
- 4620 50th St. Lubbock, TX 79414
- Business, Construction and Architecture, Cosmetology and Barbering, Criminal Justice and Law, Healthcare Administration and Services, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Veterinary Services
West Coast University
With six campuses in California, Texas, and Florida, as well as online options, West Coast University (WCU) offers classes in healthcare. The school prides itself on its student-focused, career-oriented curriculum. Some programs allow people to complete their education in about a year.
- 8435 N Stemmons Fwy. Dallas, TX 75247
- Healthcare and Nursing, Wellness
Learners at Wharton County Junior College can choose to take courses online or at one of the school's four campuses located in Texas. This institution has a number of different degree pathways available for earning a certificate or associate's degree.
- 911 Boling Highway Wharton, TX 77488
- 5333 FM 1640 Richmond, TX 77469
- 14004 University Blvd. Sugar Land, TX 77479
- 4000 Avenue F Bay City, TX 77414
- Automotive, Business, Construction and Architecture, Cosmetology and Barbering, Criminal Justice and Law, Graphics, Design, and Arts, Healthcare and Nursing, HVAC and Building Services, Wellness
If you are a Texas resident ready to make a career change, the best place to start is with a quality training program or degree.
Our career articles will help you learn about various careers that are available to you with the right training. You can learn if a particular career will be a good fit.
How to Become an Accountant in Texas
How to Become a Chef in Texas
How to Become a Cosmetologist in Texas
How to Become a CNA in Texas
How to Become a Dental Assistant in Texas
How to Become an Electrician in Texas
How to Become a Home Health Aide in Texas
How to Become a Home Inspector in Texas
How to Become an HVAC Technician in Texas
How to Become a Locksmith in Texas
How to Become an LPN in Texas
How to Become an LVN in Texas
How to Become a Massage Therapist in Texas
How to Become a Medical Assistant in Texas
How to Become a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist in Texas
How to Become a Medical Sonographer in Texas
How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist in Texas
How to Become an Optician in Texas
How to Become a Paralegal in Texas
How to Become a Patient Care Tech in Texas
How to Become a Personal Trainer in Texas
How to Become a Pharmacy Technician in Texas
How to Become a Phlebotomist in Texas
How to Become a Plumber in Texas
How to Become a Radiologic Technologist in Texas
How to Become a Registered Nurse in Texas
How to Become a Surgical Technologist in Texas
How to Become a Travel Agent in Texas
How to Become a Welder in Texas